Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Florida Wild Birds



One thing I like about Florida is the wild birds, I do not have to go to far to find them, I find it everywhere in front of my house, in my backyard, during my morning walk. Florida has birds during the whole year. I really appreciate the beauty of nature, specially birds.I did some research about birds in my pictures and I found out that turkey is called Osceola, name was given after Seminole indian chief Osceola, also Osceola turkey is found only in the Florida peninsula no where else in the world, there is more than 80,000.00 turkeys living in Florida. The Osceola turkey I found is a male, because of beautiful color, like dark brown. Two black birds on pictures are Black Vultures, which are meat eaters, I found them eating trash. Vultures are related to storks. Black Vultures are the smaller of the two vultures found in Florida.My third picture bird is a Cardinal, actually is a female cardinal, she comes to my back yard every day, she has only a red peak, male cardinal is bright red, also come by everyday. I hear their whistle every morning. I found out they do not migrate birds, cardinals eat seeds, fruit and insects. Cardinals create different melodies and only male has red plumage which help with a mating success.

No comments:

Post a Comment